Access G Suite from an Android device
This article applies only for G Suite customers. Learn more about G Suite.
To use G Suite mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android device, you need to sign in to your G Suite account. Instructions below are for users with a Nexus or Google Play edition device running Android 4.2 or higher. If you're using a different device, your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once:
- Tap the Settings Accounts Add account Google to add your G Suite account.
- Select Existing and enter your full G Suite email account address as your username, and enter the password that matches the account.
- Tap OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device signs in to your domain. This process may take a few minutes.
Additional steps for 2-step verification users:
After you enter your username and password, a new page appears saying Couldn't sign in. This is likely because you have 2-step verification enabled for your account.
- Tap Next to sign-in via the browser on your device.
- Enter your username and password in the window that appears.
- Enter your 2-step verification code.
- You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or tap Not now.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device
- (Optional) If your administrator has set up a requirement to approve your device before it can sync with G Suite, you’ll see a note on the Status screen that your device is pending approval. When your administrator approves it, you’ll receive a notification on your device.
That's it! You can now use G Suite from your Android device. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.
You can choose when to synchronize apps and data between your organization's domain and your device. On your device, go to Settings Google tap your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that this service has been enabled for your domain.If you're using a prior version of Android, use these instructions instead:
Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
The Accounts & sync settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Google to add your G Suite account.
- Tap Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Enter your full G Suite email address as your username, and then enter your password.
- Select which services you'd like to sync.
That's it! You can now use G Suite from your Android device. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use, from your device's home or applications screen.
Add other apps on Google Play